Any bananas left in the fruit bowl are ideal for this cake – as this recipe comes with no added sugar, the riper the bananas are, the better. This lovely, moist loaf will brighten anyone’s day. This 5-step-recipe is very easy and quick to prepare. In just under an hour you and your loved ones can enjoy sweet and healthy dessert.
For those who crave slightly more sweetness, just serve a slice of the banana bread with scoop of low calorie ice-cream or drizzle of honey or agave syrup. Enjoy 😋
|Sugar-Free Banana Bread :|
|COURSE : Dessert||DIETARY INFO : Vegetarian||SERVINGS : 8|
|PREP TIME : 10 mins||COOK TIME : 35-40 mins||TOTAL TIME : 45-50 mins|
- 5 ripen bananas (1 used for decorations)
- 50 gr light butter
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 gr self-rising flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 80 gr walnuts (crushed in small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 450g loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together : mash 4 bananas in a large bowl, add softer/melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the mixed wet mixture : flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and about 50 grams of nuts (save some pieces of nuts for final decorations), and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tin. Slice a banana in half and decorate the cake with it. Scatter remaining nuts on top.
- Bake for about 35-40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Nutrition Values (per serving) :
Calories: 213kcal | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Carbohydrates: 26.9g | Sugar: 8.2g | Cholesterol: 46.3mg | Sodium: 179.8mg | Protein: 5.3g