This chickpea salad is simply a must. It not only takes just under 10 minutes to make but also will keep you satisfied for hours. This salad very quickly become my favourite lunch option during the times when I was on my journey of losing weight, as chickpeas are loaded with fibre, which keeps us feeling fuller for a long period of time. But that’s not all the benefits this salad has. Chickpeas are high in vitamins and minerals, that help with reducing blood pressure, cholesterol, and also are boosting our immune system.
This easy 2-step salad can be simply enjoyed on its own or as a side dish for slow-cooked Greek lamb or burgers.
|Chickpea Salad :|
|COURSE : Lunch/Side Dish||DIETARY INFO : Vegetarian||SERVINGS : 6|
|PREP TIME : 10 mins||COOK TIME : –||TOTAL TIME : 10 mins|
- 2 (400g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (about 260g) medium cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 75g feta
FOR THE LEMON-PARSLEY VINAIGRETTE :
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 chilli flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Start with chopping the cucumber and red pepper into small cubes. Then thinly slice the onion and chop olives in half. Combine all the ingredients, together with chickpeas and crumbled feta in a large salad bowl. Mix all together.
- To make the vinaigrette simply combine all the ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes, salt & pepper) in a small jar, mix it together, then dress the salad with vinaigrette and serve.
Nutrition Values (per serving) :
Calories: 549kcal | Fat: 28.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Carbohydrates: 64.2g | Sugar: 12g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 119.7mg | Protein: 19.8g