Fancy a quick, healthy and colourful breakfast or lunch? Try these beetroot & egg cups. They take just about 30 minutes to serve, are very delicious and full of good nutritions. While beetroot are a great source of fibre, potassium, iron and vitamin C, the eggs will serve you high amount of protein.
The recipe serves 4 big portions, perfect for brunch, or 6 medium portions. Depending on how many portions you want to serve, just simply adjust the egg and slice of sourdough bread quantity.
|Beetroot and Egg Cups :|
|COURSE : Breakfast / Lunch||DIETARY INFO : Vegetarian||SERVINGS : 4 – 6|
|PREP TIME : 15 mins||COOK TIME : 15-20 mins||TOTAL TIME : 35 mins|
- 180 g beetroot, peeled
- 180 g celeriac, peeled
- 4 red radishes
- 180 g natural unsweetened yogurt
- 150 g feta
- handful of chopped fresh dill
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- black pepper to taste
- 4 – 6 eggs
TO SERVE WITH :
- 4 – 6 slices of toasted & buttered sourdough
- sprinkle of fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a large roasting tin with baking paper.
- Grate the beetroot, celeriac and radishes in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (yogurt, feta, dill, lemon juice and black pepper) and mix well together.
- Divide the mixture into 4 big or 6 medium sized piles, and place them on a baking tray. Flatten the centre of each pile with a spoon to form a cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup, then bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve each cup on top of or alongside toasted, buttered sourdough. Sprinkle with fresh dill before serving.
Nutrition Values (per serving)* :
Calories: 320kcal | Fat: 14.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.2g | Carbohydrates: 31.8g | Sugar: 5.6g | Cholesterol: 191.4mg | Sodium: 554.1mg | Protein: 17.3g
*(values as per 4 servings)