Nothing can be more satisfying than a bowl of pasta for dinner. But rather than having it with a creamy sauce, add some roasted vegetables, toasted pine nuts and dash of olive oil for a healthier option. This dish, although quite light will leave you full and satisfied for hours.
|Broccoli Pasta :|
|COURSE : Dinner||DIETARY INFO : Vegan||SERVINGS : 2|
|PREP TIME : 10 mins||COOK TIME : 20 mins||TOTAL TIME : 30 mins|
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 80g pitted black olives
- 65g sun-dried tomatoes
- 200g penne pasta
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- handful of fresh basil
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 chilli flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- *5 tbsp of reserved pasta water
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the broccoli into small florets pieces and place into a posting tin. Mix together with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 tbsp of reserved oil, then transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring pasta to boil in salted water for about 10 minutes or until done. Reserve about 5tbsp of pasta water before draining it.
- Scatter the pine nuts over the broccoli, and return to oven for further 8-10 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked through.
- Remove the tin from oven, add pasta, lemon juice, olive oil, and reserved pasta water. Season with chilli flakes, salt and black pepper and mix all together well. Throw roughly chopped basil on top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Values (per serving) :
Calories: 549kcal | Fat: 28.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Carbohydrates: 64.2g | Sugar: 12g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 119.7mg | Protein: 19.8g